Monday, January 24, 2011

Alison's City Kitchen

Here is a snapshot of contempory jeweller Alison's city kitchen....just look at the view from the kitchen window.
Alison writes....."It's a very little kitchen, but it's just for me.
The silver plated teapot in the window isn't used for making tea (the handle gets too hot); I keep my detergent in it.
Most things are black and white with bit of pink and some sweetie wrappers, the smarties are from the little packets in the 1980's.I rang the company and they dropped the cardboard with the packets printed on them before they were cut, over to my house".
I can't believe no one else has thought of this.....instant pop Art!

2 comments:

  1. great idea the smartie packaging as art. I have noted that whilst your kitchen is quarter the size of mine yours is way more functional. Just goes to prove that its not how much you have but what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alison,

    Love your smarties pkts. Presume they charged you??!
    I've seen some super pop art made with the remains of die-cut packaging. Abbotsford Convent had some at some stage. Not sure who does it but it makes the most of superb geometric forms.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete